Here it is folks! The first ever Adventurous Ukuleles Collaboration Video attempt. The Final Countdown…
Video yourself playing / singing / dancing along with one of the guide tracks – and send it to me using the dropbox link below.
Film yourself in landscape, with the best audio quality you can. Play along with the backing track (in headphones). You can play the rhythm part, the lead part and/or the solo part, and you can also do a singing part as well if you’re up for it! Kazoos, bass and other instruments also welcome! I will try to use everything you send, but no guarantees. Please just send me ONE take (per person) of each part you attempt.
Send your finished videos to me using this link:
Tips for recording:
- Clap or tap along with the clicks at the start of the track so I can sync your video to everyone else’s.
- A smartphone camera and mic will work fine – but if you have any better mics/cameras feel free to use them – you can record and send separate video and audio files if you want to. Record audio and video at the same time if possible.
- Use a tripod or stand to hold the camera steady.
- Film in landscape please!
- Try to have a neutral(ish) background behind you. Have the light source in front of you, not behind you (don’t play in front of a window, unless it’s dark!)
- Try to make sure there are no other loud audio sources (baby crying, washing machine, etc) when you’re recording.
- Use headphones so you can hear the backing track but the microphone can’t!
- If you can’t hear yourself singing or playing with the headphones on, try taking one ear off/out.
- Have a practice first!
- It doesn’t have to be a perfect take! I can fix many things in post-production…
- For a video, sometimes your attitude and visuals are more important than the perfect tuning or timing… send me the most fun take, even if it’s not the best!
- Record one part at a time – e.g. one video for vocals, one for ukulele rhythm, one for lead and solo attempts – this makes it much easier to mix together and balance later.
- Ditto, record one person at a time as far as possible.
- Please just send me ONE take (per person) of each part you attempt – otherwise my dropbox will die and I won’t finish mixing till the end of 2021…
- Lastly, enjoy it! It makes a better video, and you get to have fun…!